Sea Oats

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Dock at Crayton Cove, Naples, Florida

I like waterfront restaurants and generally the food, but not this one. The restaurant is fine, it overlooks the Naples Florida City Marina but the food was not very good. I ordered a pastrami sandwich and a Sprite. My server, Vicky, was great and even drew me a map to the City Zoo, but not even her great demeanor could make up for the poor sandwich. I'm pretty sure who ever made it in
The Dock from the Dock. Beautiful Setting.
the kitchen, never ate their own food. In the short time it took to come from the kitchen to my table, it had dissolved the bread on the bottom. That is because the coleslaw on the sandwich was on bottom and leaked through the bread and when I went to pick it up, it fell apart. I had to turn it over and eat it like an open-face sandwich. The pastrami must have been brought in from another city and thrown in the microwave just before serving. It was dry and actually a little stiff. Not a good thing for pastrami.
Inside the dock. Classic waterfront dining.
So while the server and the view were great,. I couldn't finish the sandwich. As I only ate there once I don't know how the other items might have been treated. But someone abused this sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment